John UnsworthBack to Publications
September 7, 2015
John was born in Clyde, grew up in Blenheim and obtained his law degree from Canterbury University in 1984.
John joined Horsley Christie Brown & Co in 1984 and practised in conveyancing and property law before joining the litigation team in 1986. In the 30 years since, John has involved himself in criminal, civil, commercial, medical, insurance, ACC, Maori-land, medico-legal and commercial litigation.
He now specialises in employment, civil, Maori land, medico-legal and commercial litigation.
John is a former Vice President of the New Zealand Law Society and President of the Whanganui Branch of the NZLS.
Other current roles :
- Convenor Whanganui Lawyers Standards Committee
- Member Whanganui Branch of NZLS
- Chair Sport Whanganui
- Chair Inspire Whanganui Trust
- Chair Whanganui Automobile Association
- Trustee Whanganui Community Foundation
- Trustee Whanganui Hospice Foundation
Outside the law John enjoys cycling and football.
He is married with 3 children.